Monday, December 5, 2011

What?! Did Someone Say Christmas Crafts??!

'Tis the season..for crafts. Last year, when Kade was a weee 5 months old, crafts were not really on the brain. But this year, I have been feeling the Holiday season approaching us more, and decided to make Martha Stewart proud this year..well maybe...Here are some of the Holiday crafts I put together....some ideas from Pinterest....some from where ever...
This is our wreath this year. It consists of an old frame, some ribbons and a few bells. And it will be truly everlasting! I took the glass out and the backing on the frame, found a few bell ornaments and glued them to the top of the frame and added a bow. The bow is growing on me..but thinking it looks festive and easy to make!

I found a similar idea to this Christmas sign in Pottery Barn. This is my version. I took felt and made 14 separate squares and then used Marthas fancy stensils to make the lettering with red paint. Took some hemp string and silver clips and "ta-da" as Kade would say, we have a nice Merry Christmas sign to hang.


A little chose up.....

So I didn't make this, but I do love this calendar. I found it at our lovely little Rexall Pharmacy for 13 bucks!

A little greenery for the top of our TV cabinet.

Our little sweet house is lacking a fire place....so where to hang our stockings? Last year I just plastered them to the wall with a few hooks, but this year I wanted some thing a bit more practical. So thank you Pinterest for making this possible. I bought a cheap sign from Ross with some other random quote on it, spray painted over it with red and then tried to master stensiling on lettering. So much harder than it looks...It is a bit crocked, but my dear sweet husband says it gives it character. So now, the stockings are hung, but Santa, we can only have a few light gifts in those stockings....thats the down side. But I still love it!

And this year we got a tree! Yippeee! We are always gone for Christmas, but this year, it seemed a must. My dorky loves. I love Kade's look on his face.

This is what I got when I said "Cheese" to Kade. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. I hope you are feeling cozy in your homes and feeling this Holiday Season upon us.

Oh, right. I forgot about this picture.  This is my lone tree, which I plan on giving a friend here soon that comes in green. But I took a cone and covered it in fabric. It took wayyyyy longer than I thought, because I did a special stitch on the sewing machine, so I could get the fabric to gather right and then glued it on correctly. But I am liking my little tree. Cheers to crafting it up!

1 comment: