Friday, December 11, 2009

..and the sparkly things that arrive


Need I say more:) This ring showed up with the guy I love. I feel like a pretty lucky girl on many accounts. I am not much for materialistic fancy items, but this one has a pretty special meaning behind it. So I will be more than happy (and so proud) to wear it:) Oh, yes! For those of you I don't get to see, here is a little background on the ring. As diamonds are a girls bestfriend, (did I get that right, Julie?) I opted to have something a bit different. We did some searching at the jewelry store and found out about this amazing stone called Moissanite. I believe in the 1900's it was found by Henri Mossin. It is a rare mineral that is derived from meteorites. Although now, most of the moissanite is man made, as they have found a way to grow the stone in labs. The stone has a very similar appearance to a diamond and is just shy of the hardness of a diamond too. I think it is neat to have something that is geologically different. I know why Paul picked it too-being a Geologist and always looking to have something out of the norm:) So..no I am not walking around with a Million dollar ring:) Not to goal here. For me it is the most beautiful thing I have ever owned and has such a beautiful meaning to it.

 I thought some of you might want to check out Paul's wedding ring. His was very easy to pick out! And it is perfect for him. It is made of titanium and carbon fiber. Two materials that are used to make bike parts. Just right up his alley!

1 comment: